Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour



Earth Hour is like some major event that's gonna happen in 4 hours and 30 more minutes.
Do your role and help save the earth. (or at least try)

But at the same time, here is a little something people probably wouldn't think of.

If everyone, and i mean EVERYONE turned off their lights at 8.30pm to 9.30pm..
I'm guessing that the rate of robbery cases during that time would increase by 100%?


GET READY TO SAVE THE EARTH AND GET ROBBED.




*****edits******




From 8.30 to 9.30pm, I actually walked around my area to observe whether Malaysians would really participate in such a meaningful event.
I'm pretty disappointed at how many people would rather have business instead of just closing shops early for Earth Hour.

I don't get it.. Why aren't the lights at the billboards/advertisements on the streets off?
If it was street lights, I could understand. But are billboard lights really necessary?

However, I wouldn't say that everyone didn't care much for Earth Hour.
Most of the houses in my neighbourhood actually turned off all their lights.

Some sat in the houses with candles, others are just walking around chatting with their neighbours.


I respect three things on that day.
  • FlyFm for actually going off air for that hour
  • Blitzone and ProExtreme for actually turning off their lights even when there were people playing
  • Petronas for turning off at least, some of their lights

houses that turned off their lights COMPLETELY <3>
awesome cyber cafe, Blitzone and ProExtreme that turned off their lights
mamak and sundry shops that didn't off =(
<3

No comments: