Sunday, January 10, 2010

Water Lily, Mutiara Tropicana

YAY! I found a new place to eat!
It's a balinese shop called Water Lily at Mutiara Tropicana.


Tadaaa! =)

I have to say, the wooden floors and atmosphere seemed better than Bumbu Bali, another balinese shop at Puteri Puchong. (which sadly, I had forgotten to take pics)
Undoubtedly, the wooden floors and somewhat unique settings looked amazing when I first entered the place.


Another thing that caught my eye was the counter and it's bar-like resemblence, although placed in a more traditional theme. And the first thought in my mind? LIQUOR!! :D


You should know that I have an incredible, amazing, stupendous tolerance in alcohol.. N O T.
So yeah, I couldn't order any alcoholic drink but instead I ordered:

Blue Hawaii!!


Up until now, I have no idea what spurred me into ordering the Blue Hawaii. But it was definitely a refreshing drink. However, it is quite sweet and (to me) tastes pretty similar to those canned Longans that I used to have for dessert when I was young.
My reaction? LOVED IT.

Oh, and just so you know the drink behind is Green Apple Splash which my brother ordered. They're both mocktails priced at RM11 (each).

Next up is the food.

1. Kambing Bumbu - Rice with minced mutton, which is pretty good although it's a safe dish. The rice tastes amazing.


2. Grilled Squid, Fish & Prawns with Pasta - Exactly like it's name. Be warned, the portion is pretty big. I loved the grilled fish the most.


3. Some salad thing (HAHA! Sorry, I totally forgot what it was called) - Comes exactly like a salad, with the choice of having grilled chicken or grilled squid in it. I don't much taste for salads. Wasn't my preferred dish.



With prices that averages around RM 25-35 per dish, it's worth coming here just to try something out of the ordinary. Not very often though, unless you're filthy rich. xD


Oh, I did leave out one dish that was a side dish to the main courses.
Cumi-Cumi Bali if I'm not mistaken. In other words, fried squid.
Definitely a MUST-HAVE if you are a squid lover.


*took some photos from another blog, sorry and thank you! =Pp *

No comments: